The term “personal information” shall describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person, whether from that data, or from other information that Sulit.ph has or is likely to have access. Sulit.ph does not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it cannot be used, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify a specific user.
Information We Collect
A person can browse the Sulit.ph 's website, or related sites, without telling Sulit.ph who the user is or revealing any personal information about the user. Oncee a user registers for Sulit.ph account, the user gives Sulit.ph his/her personal information. If the user chooses to provide Sulit.ph with personal information, the user consents to the transfer and storage of that information on Sulit.ph servers.
Sulit.ph collects the following types of personal information in order to provide the user with the use of and access to Sulit.ph 's sites, applications, services and tools, and to help Sulit.ph personalize and improve the user's experience:
Information Collected Automatically
Each visit of a user to the Sulit.ph sites, use its applications, services and tools, or interact with the advertising or content, Sulit.ph automatically collects information sent to it by the user's computer, mobile device, or other access device. This information is associated with the user personally only when the user signs in as a registered user, and includes but not limited to:
- device ID or unique identifier, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, IP address and standard web log information; and
Information Provided by Users
Sulit.ph collects and stores any information the user enters on Sulit.ph sites or provides in the context of using Sulit.ph 's sites, applications, services or tools. This may include, but is not limited to:
- information the user provides Sulit.ph when registering for an account, including email address, phone number, mobile telephone number and physical contact information;
- additional information the user may provide via social media sites or services;
- information provided in the context of community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through Sulit.ph 's sites, or correspondence sent to Sulit.ph ; and
- additional personal information Sulit.ph may ask the user to submit to authenticate the user or if Sulit.ph believes the user is violating site policies
Information Collected From Mobile Applications or Devices
When a user downloads or uses the mobile applications, or access one of the mobile optimized sites, Sulit.ph may collect information about the user and the user's mobile device. This may include location information as authorized by the user and his/her device. Sulit.ph may use this information to provide the user with location based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content.
Sulit.ph will obtain the user's explicit consent before it collects any sensitive personal information from the user as a result of the use of Sulit.ph 's mobile applications or access of its sites using a mobile device.
Information Collection from with Social Media Sharing and Registration
Sulit.ph offers sign-on services that allow the user to use third party login credentials to access Sulit.ph and related sites. Sulit.ph also offers services that allow the user to share information with third party social media websites such as Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, and others.
How We Use Information
The information we collect are used to provide you with a safe, efficient and customized experience. We may use the information we collect to:
- provide the Services and customer support you request
- resolve disputes, collect fees and troubleshoot problems
- prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement
- customize, measure and improve our Site, Services and advertising
- contact you tell you about our Services and those of our corporate family, service updates, targeted marketing and promotional offers based on your communication preferences
- contact you to resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems with your account or our sites, services, applications or tools, or for other purposes authorized by law
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties; and/or comply with applicable laws
Transfer to Third Parties
In addition, subject to applicable law, we may share, transfer, and disclose all the information we collect, to the following:
- Companies that form part of the our group of companies (the "Group Companies"), to enable the Group Companies to offer their respective services/products;
- Service Providers that help us provide our services, to the extent needed to perform their duties and their functions;
- Government Authorities, at their request and only when legally required to do so; and
- Purchasers or potential purchasers of our rights and obligations relating to the services we provide. In this case, all information collected are deemed assets that may be transferred to such third parties.
- In addition to the foregoing, the information we collect may also be shared, transferred and disclosed, when disclosure is necessary:
- To protect the rights and interests of Sulit.ph , its companies, business partners, customers or third parties, as may be required and permitted by law; and
- To pursue legitimate interests, as may be required or permitted by law.
Closing of Account and Retention of Personal Information
Upon the user's request, and subject to the provisions in this section, Sulit.ph will close the user's account and, as soon as reasonably possible, remove the user's personal information so that it cannot be viewed by other users. Removal will be based on the user's account activity and in accordance with applicable laws. Sulit.ph may also close or deactivate inactive accounts, or accounts that are used in violation of Sulit.ph 's User Agreement.
In general, personal information from closed or inactive accounts will be deleted or rendered anonymous as soon as reasonably possible after the account is closed or deactivated. Under certain circumstances, Sulit.ph may retain personal information from closed or inactive accounts for longer. Grounds for doing so would include; prevention of fraud, resolution of disputes, to enforce Sulit.ph 's User Agreement, or to otherwise take actions permitted by law. Under such circumstances this information will be kept as long as it is necessary and relevant for Sulit.ph 's operations, and to comply with any applicable law.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact us at:
Alfaro Place, 146 L.P. Leviste Street Makat City
(02) 219 9048