You have a product (or a service) that you want to put up an ad for in a buy and sell online marketplace. You take photos of it from every angle possible, figure out how much you’re willing to get paid for it, pepper your advert with SALE, BUY NOW, DISCOUNTED – and somehow, you haven’t gotten any response or inquiries yet.
While a good picture does have the ability to paint a thousand words, search engines really won’t care how good a picture you took. And if the search engines won’t care about your ad, chances are your prospective buyers won’t get to see your product at the top of the search pages. Let’s fix that, shall we?
- Keyword, keyword, keyword – Think of what your buyer will type into their search bars when looking for items online. Starting your ad with “for sale or for rent or buy now” only takes up space and clutter the headline. From the start, just be upfront with what you’re selling by using the right keywords for it: “Secondhand iPhone 5 White” or “2-Storey Marikina Heights Townhouse” or “Green 2009 Mitsubishi Pajero 4WD.”
- No stock photos please – You don’t need to have a high-end DSLR camera or to be a professional photographer to take a good photo of your items. Just make sure that your photos are clear enough and are actual photos of your product. Buyers are smart online shoppers that won’t even take a second glance at your ad if you use a stock photo or an image from the internet. Also, when uploading your photos at Sulit.ph, make sure the file names are as descriptive or the same as your headline.
- Keyword, keyword, keyword – This time, in the ad copy: be as informative as possible in your product description. Information and honesty go best hand in hand so always provide complete details – is your item new or used? Does it have dents or any scratches? Why are you selling it? It’s best for you, as a seller, to be as upfront as possible about your product so you can gain the trust of your buyers, with them knowing what they are actually paying for.
- Choose the right category – In posting your ad, make sure to pick the right category for your item. For example: Gadgets > Smartphone > Apple/Samsung etc. If in case you feel that your item does not fit any of the categories listed on your online marketplace, don’t hesitate to contact service support to let them know. By putting your item in its proper category, you are helping your buyers find your items easier, therefore increasing the chances of a sale.
- Complete seller info – Give your prospective buyers information about you, your terms of sale, shipping provider, and more. Are you willing to swap for another product? Do you want to be contacted through text or email? Do you offer shipping for an extra charge or are you willing to meet up? Just make sure that when you do provide your contact information that you are ready to get emails and texts at different times of the day just to inquire about your item.
Selling your products on Sulit.ph is as easy as 1-2-3. And if you have any further questions, our support team is more than happy to help you out! Happy selling!